Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

Well, the holiday season is upon us and the frenzy of eating, drinking and shopping has begun. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays mainly because there is no pressure to decorate the house, send cards and buy presents for everyone including the mail man, plus Paul and I get 2 days off work.  Molly and Snow had 3 days off school, so with the weekend that was 5 straight days of not running them to school at 7am - yay!

On Thanksgiving Day we spent the day with our friends, The Wards - Lee, Mandy, Charlotte and Alex. Snow actually is in the same home room as Alex.  A couple of years ago we tried deep fried turkey and now that has become the tradition on this day.  The meat is so moist (probably with all the oil) and the whole bird cooks in 40 minutes....so tasty!  I did spinning at the gym that morning so I could eat without feeling guilty about it.  This as close to a British Christmas dinner as it gets, including the Brussel sprouts.

  
Another reason to love Thanksgiving is Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) Cyber Monday (the Monday after Thankgiving) and any other sale that entices us to spend money we wouldn't otherwise spend.  I hate crowds so I chose to shop on-line on Black Friday and I actually went to the mall on Saturday.  My shopping is still far from being finished, but next weekend is the ladies' weekend away in Maine doing outlet shopping in Kittery and we may just have fun in a bar somewhere in Kennebunkport - just maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment